Novels & other info
I am the author of two published and well-received crime novels set in Chester, with many more being currently written. Told in the first-person, they describe the investigations – and personal complications – of Detective Constable Dominic Strider. Both books are available to buy online at Amazon, please check out my Author’s Page too. My published novels are:
- No More Lonely Nights (Dec 2004, reprinted June 2007)
- Long & Winding Road (May 2008)
I made my film debut with a short film, based on a new DC Strider story written by me. It was filmed at the historic Chester Town Hall and the Gateway Theatre in 2007, and has been shown at film festivals around the world:
Strider Gets Iced (filmed 2007 in Chester Town Hall and Chester Gateway Theatre)
I am currently seeking funding for my next film projects and am looking for producers, crew and collaborators to work with me on bringing my unique vision to the big screen. If you feel you can help me, contact me via this website.
I am a long-standing newspaper journalist who currently works in PR, and so I am available to offer help and advice to fellow film-makers and small businesspeople who wish to raise their profiles. Contact me for help via this website.
“No More Lonely Nights is one of those rare and powerful (books) that takes a reality few of us see and brings it into chilling focus. Both plot and writing are superb with the right combination and detail to keep you hooked page after page. Personally I thought Strider was very well conceived and brought a real world edginess to the story which would translate really well on television.”“A really good police procedural. Strong characters and a well thought through plot delivers a gripping page turner that held my attention to the last page. The Chester dimension adds another layer of realism to the overarching narrative.”“It seems that this detective is something of a hero to the causes of law and order as well as irresistible to women.”
~ 5/5 reviews for No More Lonely Nights on Amazon.co.uk.
“Chris provided detailed, thoughtful analysis of my script. He gave helpful suggestions without taking over the ideas of the writer. He gave encouraging comment yet was able to identify specific areas for development.”
~ Sally Wilden Writer, currently working for Blue Rider Films.
“Chris’ input in developing what was a simple 80 page script for Dead Trust soon turned it into a blistering 100 page script ready for developing and casting. His eye for detail and writing a full critique proved to be invaluable.”
~ Rick McCloud Writer/director, Celtic Storm Films
“As an actor, Chris takes direction very well and it was great to work with him on my short film, and also to collaborate with him on scripts.”
~ Rahima Bibi Writer/director
- Sept 2012, Acting Workshop with Nick Read and Simone Lahbib (actress), at Clean Break Studio, Kentish Town, London, 2012
- Acting Masterclass & Showreels, with Andrew Higgs, London, Jan 2012
- Marketing Yourself as an Actor, with Andrew Higgs, 2011
- Guerilla Film-maker’s Masterclass, with Chris Jones, Regent’s College, 2011
- Acting for Camera 1 & 2, City Lit, Covent Garden, 2010 & 2011
- Film Directing Foundation Certificate, Raindance, 2010
- Serious Script-writing, Bafta, 2010
- Low Budget Film-making, with Chris Jones, Ealing Studios, 2010
- EuroScript, Getting Into the Industry, 2010
- Method Acting, City Lit, Convent Garden, 2010
- Filming with Richard Jobson, Liverpool, 2009
- Directing the Camera, with cameraman Dave Read, Pinewood Studios, 2008
- Private acting classes with tutor Zoe Nathanson, London, 2007/8
- Low to No Budget Film-making, with Elliot Grove, Raindance, 2006